Re: fvwm with WM dockable apps

*- On 30 Sep, Shao Zhang wrote about "fvwm with WM dockable apps"
> Hi,
> 	Ok, call me old fashioned. But I still like fvwm these days
> 	among so many windows managers.

Same here.

> 	fvwm does not seem to be able to remeber the window's geometry,
> 	and WM dockable apss does not seem to have a -geometry option.
>
> 	Is there any way to tell fvwm to place those apps in a
> 	particular position?

I just swallow my 14 wm dock apps in an FvwmButtons bar.  If you want to
have the apps clustered in different areas you can set up multiple
FvwmButtons by giving them each a unique name, the details are in the
FvwmButtons man page under the Initialization section.

An example is:

*FvwmButtons(Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) "wmtime" "Exec wmtime &", Size 64 64, 1x1+1+
1)

This also starts wmtime when the window manager starts up since I do
not start the doc apps anywhere else in the .xsession or fvwm
InitFunction.

HTH,
--
Brian