Obsolete and broken packages

When I start dselect I get this:

    --- Obsolete and local packages present on system ---
    ----- Obsolete/local Standard packages -----
    ------- Obsolete/local Standard packages in section libs -------
 *** Std libs     liblockfile0 0.1-6       <none>
    ----- Obsolete/local Optional packages -----
    ------- Obsolete/local Optional packages in section base -------
 *== Opt base     kernel-image 2.0.35-3    <none>
    ------- Obsolete/local Optional packages in section libs -------
 *** Opt libs     libjpegg6a   6a-12       <none>
    ----- Obsolete/local Extra packages -----
    ------- Obsolete/local Extra packages in section libs -------
 *** Xtr libs     clanlib0-dis 0.1.16-2    <none>

1. Can I safely purge kernel-image? I have a custom-built kernel
   2.2.10. (Using kernel-package or whatever the program is.)

2. Can I purge the other files or are they bound to turn up in the
   (near?) future? The reason I ask is I have found other packages to
   become obsolete and then turn up after a couple of weeks. (My mind
   might have been tampered with though.)

3. Dselect says that fonty is broken. One of the files
   (/etc/init.d/fonty) is missing on my system (I didn't want it to be
   ran so I removed it) and now dpkg can't install and configure it
   properly. (It was some time since I installed it so I don't
   remember the exact errormessage.) How can I repair the package
   and/or tell dpkg the package is not broken? Edit the status-file?
   (Which says "Status: hold ok half-configured".)

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )