Diamond Viper V770 Ultra

I am trying to help someone setup their Diamond Viper V770 Ultra under
Linux (not sure exactly which distro they use, but I'm a debian person
myself).

They are having problems with X-windows (what else?) description of
problem :-

1) Window appears to be four times it's correct size.
2) Unable to move the viewport to see the whole X-Windows Screen.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated (I have got them
to try all the normal possibilities, but they haven't worked for them, I
am thinking that they need a X-server upgrade...)

Regards,
	Peter Ludwig