Re: [DISASTER] Latest update broke my system entirely

Seth R Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

> Jonas, what happens if you leave off the root= bit?
>
> I am getting at, boot using nothing but the rescue disk. It ought to be
> enough to get you to a prompt, from there you can mount /mnt /dev/hda7 and
> play around with things in there....

resuce root=/dev/hda7
resuce root=/dev/hda7 init=/bin/sh
resuce init=/bin/sh
rescue

all fail since it can't mount the root fs. Depending on exact
paramters they either fail with an errormessage or just hangs after
"VFS: Mount root fs read only" (or whatever the message is).

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )