correct way to move /usr to a new partition...

Howdy all,

I have decided that I need more room for my Slink system... my 1GB linux
partition that stores my entire system is now over 80% full... I was
thinking of using another empty 1GB partition (/dev/hdb1 - currently
mounted as /linux2a) for /usr. My thinking is:

1. as root, cp -r -p /usr /linux2a
2. change fstab to mount /dev/hdb1 as /usr (with options set to
"defaults, errors=remount -ro" ???)
3. rm /usr
4. mount -a

My question is, will I get screwed somehow, or is this the "correct" way
to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Rich