spreadsheet?

Are there any good, free spreadsheet programs out there?  Anywhere?

I had thought that I might have finally decided to use gnumeric, but
it didn't use my NumLock key and I thought I'd grab the one from
unstable and see if it worked.  So I got it with apt --- and apt
decided to install 18 new packages (including esound.  why does a
spreadsheet need esound? grump.) with it, and now gnumeric dies with

18:15 ~ $ /usr/bin/gnumeric
/usr/bin/gnumeric: error in loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32: undefined symbol: gdk_imlib_get_cache_info

Arrgh!  This was not in my plan.

I'm running slink, but apparently I have a lot more potato than I did
a couple of minutes ago.

Rob

--
Women, deceived by men, want to marry them; it is a kind of revenge
as good as any other.