RE: dselect updating when Debian config changes

OK,
        If you wish to get a new package that is released WITHOUT updating
all existing packages that have new versions, just use apt-get to install
tha package directly.

apt-get update  #update the package DB
apt-get install <package>

Note, this WILL download and install updates to dependancies,
if they are needed.

A feature I would like to see (and one that I am not convinced doesn't
exist) is to be able to tell dpkg/apt/dselect to change current package
selections to match the current state of the system.

Bryan