RE: Weird ICQ problems

On 13-Sep-99 Robert Rati wrote:

> How did you get the plugins to build?  I got LIcq .70 (the stable
> version)
> to build, but couldn't get ANY plugins to build to it was basically
> worthless.  What did you do to get the plugins to build?  I am hoping
> that
> a new version will fix the problem, but currently, and version I try
> (including .61 which is what started the problem) will act the same.  I
> am
> hoping .70 will fix it, but don't have too much hope.  I've re-complied
> and re-installed .61 about 3 or 4 times and the problem hasn't gone away.

I see now that I misunderstood one thing.  My machine was not crashing,
just Licq was crashing.

I am a KDE user, so I had to leave QT 1.44 in place in /usr/local/qt.
I have installed Qt 2.01 in /usr/local/qt-2.01

First, I do:

export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-2.01

I untar the Licq tarball and cd into Licq-0.70 and then

./configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/local/qt-2.01 \
--with-qt-libraries=/usr/local/qt-2.01 [enter]

when that is done:

make

make install

When that is all done, I cd to the plugins directory and perform the same
steps I performed above (as root) and then I start with a new ~/.licq
directory just in case the old one is not compatible.

Also, when you are done, re-export your regular QT directory if you cannot
use QT 2.00 routinely.  If you are using KDE 1.1.1, that's you.

--
Andrew