Re: ppp and kernel 2.2.12

    Levi> I seem to have a problem involving ppp and the new
    Levi> kernel. I've got ppp set up and it works just fine with
    Levi> kernel 2.0.34, but I can never seem to get connected with
    Levi> kernel 2.2.12.

There is a small group of people who are reporting weird problems like
this in linux-kernel. The common factors seems to be things that
involve tty devices (serial, IrDA) that work in 2.0.x but not in
2.2.12. Problems have been reported with PalmPilots, a digital camera,
PPP, and some kind of wand thing with a serial interface.

The clearest example of the problem (because it doesn't involve any
fancy protocol) is the original message
(<1E334B5E1FF2@rkdvmks1.ngate.uni-regensburg.de>) which described
characters being dropped, duplicated, and swapped.

There don't seem to be any good leads on a solution yet.
--
I get my monkeys for nothing and my chimps for free.
http://www.clark.net/pub/hermit/