Re: Missing functions in debian's packaging system

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 12:11:01PM -0500, Bruce Walzer wrote:
> This thread prompted me to play with the apt stuff a bit. Would the
> following be useful?

[snipped]

> The stuff in the Dependencies section could be attacked with sed/cut or the
> like and fed directly to a "dpkg --purge" for a _real_ ugly hack. It would
> be very important not to go "dpkg --purge --force-depends".

I thought about that, and yes it could be done. But I was hoping that it would
one day be implemented "properly" inside dpkg or apt. Just a feature for the
wishlist, I guess...

--
Scott Barker       scott@mostlylinux.ab.ca
Linux Consultant   http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott

Looking for a husband? Know anyone looking for a husband? Well, I'm looking
for a wife. See http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/wife.shtml

Want a good deal on a personal computer in Calgary, Alberta, Canada?
Visit http://www.mostlylinux.ab.ca/scott/computers.shtml

[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it."
   - Ralph Waldo Emerson