setting up print queue with gs for novel printer

The documentation for ncp suggests that it is possible to create a
normal print que for sending to novell networked printers.  However, I
can find no hints for this either there or in anything to do with
printcap.

To complicate matters, it is not a postscript printer.  However, I have
found that I can print to it by going through ghostview, seting the
ghostscript interpreter to gslj rather than gs, and using nprint as the
print coommand.

It would certainly be nice, though, to be able to do this all directly.

Any hints?

rick