Re: Debian, NT

Low!!

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 02:36:40PM -0600, Robert Kerr wrote:
> The NT machine is on a network, and automagically mounts our userspace
> when we log in.  I'd like to be able to do this automagically too.
> So, what, in the consensus of the list, do I need to do for this to work
> nicely?

Well, i think this would be very easy to achieve provided the userspace is
mounted either from a smb-like server namely:
 Linux samba share,
 NT,Win9x or Win3.11 share over TCP/IP
 Novell server share

The trick would be to conditionally (unless it's already mounted) run
special mount command the share in .xsession or .profile.

You probably want to take a look at "samba" package unless you will be
mounting a Novell share in which case you probably need to load module "ncpfs.o"
(or recompile the kernel - i don't know if default one comes with IPX and this
module...) and check out "ncpfs" package :)

hope this helps

--

Marcin Owsiany