Re: quake2 / gl problems

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> O.k. it seems that no matter how I try I can't seem to get quake2 to utilize
> my voodoo2 card. It's a diamond monster fusion, I am using the xbanshee server
> that I aliened from an rpm. I have installed the glide deb, mesa4g, and the
> /dev/3dfx BS. When I try to run quake2 from console all I get is software @
> 320x240 ("Yuck") when I try to run frox X I get this crap in the term:

 Make sure to read the Quake HOWTO and the Linux 3Dfx HOWTO (at
http://www.gamers.org/dEngine/xf3D/howto/3Dfx-HOWTO.html). You probably
have, but just in case...

> {fugas@cybercreep .quake2}$ sudo ./quake2.real +set gl_driver lib3dfxgl.so
> +set vid_ref glx

 I don't think you want the "glx" part in there. As I understand it, only
the TNT and G200 cards need that. It'll actually slow things down.

 Also, make sure you've got SVGAlib configured properly - the 3Dfx driver
uses that to get the keyboard and mouse stuff...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

              Anagrams of "FANUC Robotics North America":

 bun of characteristic maroon             omaha reconstruction fabric
 a cubic transformation chore             cherub fractionation macros
                      cube of anachronistic mortar