Re: reboot question

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 10:59:42PM +1000, Mark Bathie wrote:
> I am trying to set up my home system for friends to use, what is the best
> way to allow them access to some sort of reboot command ?

Why do you need you friend to reboot your machine? Usually inittab is
configured so that ctrl-alt-delete will reboot. But if you trap that, you have
to give your friends your root privilage to do a reboot :)   just kidding.

You can give them some privilage through sudo! I use it and recommend it. It
seems that  there are some more package other than sudo that will do the job,
ie IIRC super, calife. But I haven't used them, so can't comment.

hope this help,

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU Hurd           ICQ uin 11366301                        |