Subject: HP LaserJet 2100TN question
Newsgroups: linux.debian.user
Date: 26 Jul 99 04:02:41 GMT
From: dhugo@reallycool.com (Dan Hugo)

I have this printer hooked up to my ethernet network, and everything
works great (I was actually amazed at how easy it was to configure
everything... from box to printing in about 20 minutes... great
printer!)

My question, though, is how to make use of the features of the 2100.
That is, I have a third paper tray... how to I tell it which to use?
How can I change the resolutions (max is 1200dpi), or whatever other
features are available to change?

I have searched all over, and I can't seem to find anything on HPs site,
HOWTOs, newsgroups, etc, regarding this.  I did see a mention of WebJet
from HP (I have a built-in JetDirect ethernet device for the printer),
but that sounded more like printer administration (accounting,
passwords, trouble reports, etc).  I am looking for some command line
option or filter setting or whatever that allows me to change these
things (by the way, it supports postscript, so I have been printing to
the raw device with no troubles... should I have a filter in there?)

Thanks for any thoughts.
Dan Hugo

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler