RE: XFCom_SVGA server xfree86-3.3.3 and the ps/2 mouse.

As with me it worked fine for a day or two. The I rebooted and I got the
error message that "mouse protocal not supported by server." I check the
vmware support page and it referred me to the xfree86 web page and there I
found a listing of the current xserver and what they mice they support.
Under Linux98 (which I'm not sure exactly what that is??) it stated that the
ps/2 protocal is not supported, but under Linux it is. Now since I got the
error message I assume that some how I have something that says I am running
linux98 which I assume has something to do with the kernel version of which
mine is 2.2.9-2 from netgod. I believe that the 2.2.9 that I got from
debian.org worked fine with the server, I have to check. I just remembered
changing for on kernel to the other.

Rod