Re: dselect and FTP

*- On 27 Jul, Paul Nesbit wrote about "dselect and FTP"
> My current ISP (school) limits my PPP sessions to only 90 minutes.  If I
> am using dselect (or apt) to download a package and lose my connection,
> will I have to start the process over again?  If so, is there any
> reliable download manager for Debian?

Definitely use apt-get and the apt dselect method.  It will gladly pickup
where it left off.

Make sure and use the persist option in you peer file for ppp.  Also
set your retry number high in /etc/apt/apt.conf so that it will keep
trying while your modem is redialling.

Add the following to /etc/apt/apt.conf, adjust the numbers to your
needs and read 'man apt.conf'.

Acquire
{
  Retries "10";