Any tool to write/read/convert 16bit TGA files ?

I failed to find any tool in potato that is able to cope with 16bit
TGA format graphic files. I have an application where I need to convert
some other format into 16bit TGA.

Does anybody know a Linux program (preferable free, but non-free would be
acceptable as well) that's able to write this format ?
The Gimp TGA plugin and ImageMagick are able to cope with 24bit TGA
files, but not with 16bit (IIRC, it's indeed 15bit as 5/5/5).

[Please send a personal copy of the reply to me, since I'm not subscribed
to debian-user.]

	Gregor