LILO problems with new HD

Hello,

I've recently discovered problems with the drive that had the /boot and /home partitions of my Debian box, so I decided to go out and get a new HD.... in transferring the files, I simply copied /boot/* and /home/* to the new drive, and ran lilo on it. It gave me the message that lilo was installed, and I tried rebooting. Lilo being's to load, but only goes so far as "LIL-" until it freezes...in the lilo docs, this says that there is some sort of corruption of the map files, or a problem with the map installer. Seeing as these copied files were from a corrupted (suspected at least) disk, I figure that's the problem.

Can anyone help me in getting fresh copies of the files that LILO requires for installation? I don't know if they are custom to my setup (untouched slink kernel), or if they are generic files thatI could simply pick up somewhere off of the CD's.

thanks in advance!!
-lev