Re: wallpaper Question

On 25 Jul, Chad A. Adlawan wrote:
  |  hi list,
  |    please bear w/ an X newbie.  anyway, i managed to place a wallpaper on my Xwin using xv but whenever i close X, i'd have to put the wallpaper in again using xv the next time i log on.  can anyone suggest me a way to make my wallpaper permanent ?  i use icewm.
  |  TIA,
  |  Chad

xroot will do the job in an .xession file. But! You can configure IceWM
to always set it.  In the directory ~/.icewm, there will be a file
called preferences (if you have neither, just create them). In it you
need a line like:
DesktopBackgroundImage="/path/to/some/background/image.xpm"

There are a couple tools to configure icewm, icepref and iceconf.
Neither works perfectly, but they'll get you started.  Then refer to
the icewm documentation (it's pretty short) for other settings.
--

Eric G. Miller