Re: apt source file semantics

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 10:14:00PM -0600, Eduardo Alvarez wrote:
> I have a small question:  Precisely, what is the syntax to be used when
> addling a source in sources.list?  Specifically Speaking, when do I stop
> using slashes and leave a space between folders?

If you want a verbose description, try (if you haven't already):

$ man sources.list

The short answer is that it depends on what the type is (the first
word of the line, e.g. 'deb'). It's much better explained in the man
page than I can do (without basically repeating the man page).

--
Matthew Gregan                                  kinetik@ihug.co.nz