Re: [LINUX] How to change the boot logo

*- On 30 Jun, Shao Zhang wrote about "Re: [LINUX] How to change the boot logo"
> On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 09:12:49AM +0200, Nico De Ranter wrote:
>>
>> I just recompiled my kernel so that I now get a nice penguin logo
>> when I boot :-).  Is there any way I can change this logo? (I'd like
>> to add some details about my system next to it, kind of like a SUN
>> when it boots)
>
> 	Well, how did you do that??

You need to use the framebuffer graphics in the 2.2.x kernels.

VESA VGA graphics console
CONFIG_FB_VESA
  This is the frame buffer device driver for generic VESA 2.0
  compliant graphic cards. The older VESA 1.2 cards are not supported.
  You will get a boot time penguin logo at no additional cost. Please
  read Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt. If unsure, say Y.

--
Brian