RE: Exim Problem (I think....)

On 30-Jun-99 Peter Ludwig wrote:
> I'm running slink (upgraded to potato), and I seem to be having a minor
> problem with exim.  I cannot receive any email using the system under linux.
>
> I am running exim & fetchmail
>
> Exim version 3.0-2, fetchmail (????)
>
> Before I upgraded exim, everything worked really well, now (since 3.0-1
> actually) it's not working.

The latest exim will not work with fetchmail (at least not for me).
This has been discussed on this mailing list a couple of days ago, and also
on the exim mailing list.

It has to do with IPV6 support, and there is a fix out, but this means you will
have to compile exim from source. If you prefer to use the exim deb, you will
probably have to downgrade to 2.11 and put it on hold until a deb comes along
with the fix applied.

Remember to replace /etc/exim.conf with the one from before the upgrade after
having downgraded to 2.11.

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
Email: cdysthe@bigfoot.com