Re: Setting IRQs for PCI cards without pciutils?

Brad <lists@anomie.dhs.org> writes:

> On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Ron Hale-Evans wrote:
>
> > I just spent the day compiling various versions of the 2.0.36 kernel and
> > really don't want to mess with 2.2. (I did once before -- and, long story,
> > but they don't call the unstable distribution "unstable" for nothing...)
>
> Kernel versions 2.2.x are supposed to be stable. You can't use the Debian
> packaged 2.2 kernels with slink, but you can very easily recompile from
> source [debs]...

Perhaps they are stable.  I have had trouble for a few weeks with
my PCMCIA card.  The IRQ for the modem part of the Megahertz
CC/XJEM3288 Ethernet/Modem card doesn't work.  Only by setting the IRQ
to 0 can I made the modem work.  They problem showed up about the time
that setserial was updated.  I don't know the cause of the problem.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevind@rahul.net