Problem Serving Fonts After Upgrading X from slink to potato

Upgraded my Debian slink system to potato last night.  This machine,
besides being used as a workstation, is set up as a server for PC-based
X Terminals.  While I've fixed the problem with the PC serving fonts to
itself, I'm having trouble getting fonts to the X Terminals.

When starting X on the X Terminals, I receive the following snippet of
output:

__FontTransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
failed to set default font path 'tcp/xserver:7100,tcp/xserver:7101'
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
..
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

In the server's XF86Config file, the FontPath lines are as follow:

FontPath "unix/:7100"   (xfs)
FontPath "unix/:7101"   (xfstt)

this was changed from

FontPath "tcp/127.0.0.1:7100"   (xfs)
FontPath "tcp/127.0.0.1:7101"   (xfstt)

in order to work for the server.

In the X Terminal's XF86Config file, the FontPath lines are as follows:

FontPath "tcp/xserver:7100"   (xfs)
FontPath "tcp/xserver:7101"   (xfstt)

with all others are commented out.

Thanks,