Re: Fetchmail

*- On  7 Jun, Graham Lillico +44 1785 782329 wrote about "Fetchmail"
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d that will run fetchmail
> to download my mail automatically.  I can run it manually using me .fetchmailrc
> file but the I can't seem to get the script working correctly.  Any ideas.
> Also as I have more than on email address but they all end up in the same
> pop3 account with my ISP does anyone know how I can use procmail to send
> these emails to the correct user?  Is anyone cares then I am using
> FreeServe as my ISP if thats make any difference at all.
>
> Regards
>
> Graham.

% cat /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/fetchmail-up
#!/bin/sh

test -r /etc/fetchmailrc && \
        fetchmail --syslog --invisible --fetchmailrc /etc/fetchmailrc
# end fetchmail-up

% cat /etc/fetcmailrc
set daemon 120
set logfile = "/var/log/fetchmail"

poll <pop.server> with timeout 60:
        user <pop_user> there has password <pop_passwd> is <local_user> here
        fetchall
# end fetchmailrc

Is your account at FreeServe a multi-drop box or do you have other
email accounts on other hosts and the mail sent to those accounts is
forwarded to your FreeServe account? If is the former I don't have any
experience, sorry.  If it is the latter than the above should work
since once the mail is in FreeServe's pop3 server it is all addressed
to your FreeServe account name.

--
Brian