Re: OT: dual processor question

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Christian Pernegger wrote:
>Is it true that two Pentium II 400 have to have a same number of some kind
>to use them in dual mode. I'd intended to buy a dual board and add a new
>proc. to my 400 but someone told me that wouldn't work....

There should be a number on the bottom of the current CPU. You need to
remove it from the board to see it. You will need to find the matching CPU
for this. I *believe* 99% of this is simply that you need to match a
400Mgz CPU with any other 400Mgz CPU.
I bought a Tyan Dual P200 board with 1 200Mgz NON-MMX intel and later when
I wanted to add a 2nd CPU Tyan simply told me to make sure I bought a
matching 200Mgz NON-MMX intel CPU. I did and it runs great!

--Rob