Re: How do I access dos partitions?

>Hi, as a novice linux user, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how
>to access my dos partition from within linux. My computer is setup with
>a linux partition, a linux swap partition and a dos partition.
In addition to what Andrei pointed out, a more primitive and limited way
would be access via mtools. Read the mtools manpages for information
what to specify in the relevant system file (sorry, forgot its name;
it's somewhere in /etc). This is a possible way if you just want to copy
things from that partition, ie treat it the same way as you treat a
diskette, allowing access without mounting the device.
Thomas
Thomas Ruedas
Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics,
J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt/Main
Feldbergstrasse 47			D-60323 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Phone:+49-(0)69-798-24949		Fax:+49-(0)69-798-23280
e-mail: ruedas@geophysik.uni-frankfurt.de
http://www.geophysik.uni-frankfurt.de/~ruedas/