Re: Invalidfont in Ghostscript

* Valdemir Melechco Carvalho <valdemir@marisa5.iq.usp.br> writes:

> I am not able to print or view postscript documents. In both cases, it has
> been displayed (or printed) a message like this:
>    Error: /invalidfont in findfont Operand stack:
>    F0 Times-Roman Font Times-Roman 14740 Times-Roman --nostringval

You are probably missing the gsfonts package.

If you are interested:

It cannot find the Times-Roman font :-)

You need a Fontmap file (in gsfonts) that tells gs how to translate
the request for a Times-Roman font into the real font file (which is
also in gsfonts).

In the case of Times-Roman, the following lines from /etc/gs.Fontmap
are relevant:

  /NimbusRomNo9L-Regu     (n021003l.pfb)  ;
  /Times-Roman                    /NimbusRomNo9L-Regu     ;

This defines Times-Roman as an alias for the NimbusRomNo9L-Regu font
whose actual font file (in PS Type 1 format) is n021003l.pfb.

HTH,
  Colin

--
Colin Marquardt <colin.marquardt@gmx.de>