Re: getting around a firewall?

In article <cistron.3759652C.C31C1C44@tao.ca>, adam  <adam@tao.ca> wrote:
>I have a little dilemma.  My work PC (windoze) is on a (gov't) network.
>The firewall blocks all ports save http, ftp, telnet, and maybe a few
>others  -- ssh is most certainly blocked.   I want to be able to
>securely connect to a remote server (Debian based) in shell.  I'm told
>one way to do this is to tunnel ssh proxy through other port like http.
>What are other ways to achieve the end result?  I think I heard tell
>that there is something in java that allows secure connections from
>httpd (right from a web page).

Ofcourse the firewall is there for a reason, and if your employers find out
you're cirumventing it they won't be happy.

If they allow telnet, they will most certainly allow ssh. Why don't
you just talk to the firewall administrator to see if the ssh port (22)
can be opened up ?

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?