Re: ATI Xpert@Play 98 with Xwindows

*- On 16 Apr, billy_bob@excite.com wrote about "ATI Xpert@Play 98 with Xwindows"
> My graphics card is the ATI Xpert@Play 98 which is not supported by Xserver
> version 3.3.2... , but is supported by 3.3.3.1, which is not listed in
> dselect.  I was wondering when and if it would be added to the dselect list,
> or how can I install xserver-mach64 version 3.3.3.1 without using dselect?
> Where can I get the necessary software?

The Xpert* 98 series cards use tha Mach64 chip so you can install the
mach64 server.  This card is supported in 3.3.2.*, unless of course
you have an AGP version.  If you want to use the newer server there are
unofficial versions available at
http://master.debian.org/~vincent/xfree-3.3.3.1/  if you are using apt
just stick the following line at the top of your sources.list file and
update your available packages.

deb http://master.debian.org/~vincent xfree-3.3.3.1/

--
Brian