Re: kernel 2.2.5 symlinks

Hi Armin,

> those symlinks. But I've problems to compile some libraries. Someone
> told me, that this can be caused by different versions of installed
> includes or libraries, that don't fit together.

the directories vs. symlinks are part of the Debian policy.  There are
no symlinks in order to keep the system headers stable.
Check www.debian.org - I don't remember the exact URL.  Maybe someone
else could supply the URL or a location in a /usr/doc ?

> Must I delete the directories /usr/include/{arm,linux,scsi} and replace
> them with those symlinks?

If you do need newer kernel header you can go ahead and save (rename)
the directories and create the appropirate symbolic links.  I've done
this on my hamm system during the first kernel upgrade and have never
expierienced an problems with software compiled prior to the change.

So long,
Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
                        *** Life is not fair. But the root password helps. ***