X windows and ModeLines

	Well I finally got X windows to come up. Kind of stark and doesn't
do much :) I guess I must install other packages to make it actually
interesting.. But I digress. The question is this: after finally getting to
run the right server and XF86Setup and xf86config and all that jazz.... I am
left with a system that seems only to be able to run 640x480 and 800x600.
Now I know that both this card and monitor are capable of running 1280x1024
(though not necessarily together as the best I can do in Windows98 is
1024x768 with lots of colors...)

	What do I need to go forward from here?

	The chipset is SiS 5597/5598 with 2048 MB memory and
	The monitor is a DB-1765BA near as I can tell. It is autodetected by
Win98 as a (Delta DB-1765) and the driver it chooses says that it has an
hrange of 30-65 and a vrange of 50-100. Funny thing though it seems to be
running 1024x768 under Win98 at 75....

	Also I have a mouse with the wheel and stuff, however XFree only
wants to call it a PS/2 mouse. How do I get some use form the wheel?

	Bradley
	Bradley M. Small, Developer/Analyst          New Breed Corporations
	Email:        bsmall@new-breed.com	         Information Systems
Group
      Phone:       336-856-2079 x 275                 Fax:
336-315-9018