Hi, folks --

I have spent the past several days struggling to get my X-windows
configured.  I am noticing that the XF86Config program runs just fine,
so I've got to believe that running X is possible.  Any attempt to make
X-windows more specific to my configuration has ended in failure at
every turn.  This is very frustrating.  I am using an 8MB ELSA Gloria
Synergy Card with an Optiquest 19" monitor.  It seems from web surfing
that this configuration may be supported in XFree86 3.3.3.1, but this
doesn't seem supported yet by the official Debian releases.

So, should I take the generic VGA16 driver for now?  If so, what is the
procedure for making this the default configuration?

I am ready to give up here, so I would appreciate any help you can give
me.

- Jim Campbell

(jimc@kodak.com, jimc1017@rochester.rr.com)