Re: Less DEB Package

What would be really nice is if there was such a thing as addendum
packages for stuff that doesn't really deserve to have a package to
itself, but would result in package bloat if they were incorporated into
the base packages.  e.g., All the little python-* packages.

Instead of having a separate entry in
/var/lib/dpkg/{available,info/,status} they could be tacked onto the
existing dpkg DB entries.  Whether or not the addendums could be purged
or removed individually, or if they become part of the base package,
would depend on how little data it would take to accomplish purging and
removing of addendums.

I would rather have dpkg get a little bigger than have a bloated dpkg
database.

- Bruce