Re: New Install

> I have installed Debian-Linux, after I boot, and the system asks for the
> login, I log in as root. the problem is I'm at a $prompt, I don't know

Do 'whoami' and see who you are really logged on as. Why do you need to
change /dev/modX anyway? /dev/ttySX is a COM port. But if you really need
to, just make a link to /dev/modX and call it /dev/ttysX. Or whatever you
need. Same trick as you go around with modem setup sometimes with programs
that use /dev/modem, which is not initially installed in the system.

Andrew
 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu
 UIN 12402354