Linux DRAW or Linux ILLUSTRATOR

Leonardo Ruoso writes:

> 	My problems all are simple to undertend.. as I work to a medium
> Newspaper (http://www.opovo.com.br) I have to solve some problems like
> machines to slow with Corel Draw 7, QXpress 3.32, Photoshop 4 and
> reinstalling it every day... There are 300 machines here... what i want
> is reduci the reinstall... increase performance...

Hi,

even though there's a Corel version for Linux, I believe it's Corel
3.0.

I can advise you to do two things:

1) Write emails for the manufacturers (Corel, Adobe, Aldus, Quark),
and tell them that you need, as ask them if they have, programs for
the Linux platform. The more people do this, the more the companies
will see linux as a market. Corel already "sees ahead", as they are
porting their Office Suite to Java!

2) It might help, if you have a LAN, to remotely install all the
programs in a Linux server running Samba. This will boost the
performance (talking about my own practical experience, not any
systematic test I did), and if you play a little bit with read/write
permissions, protect the files from being erased and corrupted. This
should help.

Qualquer coisa, e so escrever...

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com