Looking for info on XKB

When I installed Bo, I answered yes to the question "do you want
to use XKB to configure your keyboard?".

Now I want to use that...

I've done a locate xkb on my machine, and I can find no useful
documentation whatsoever (there are four manpages and one README),
and the sources I've looked at are extremely cryptic.

So I go surf the Web... and find nothing. X11R6 release notes
mention its existence in passing, but I have yet to find a
technical explanation of the script language, much less a simple
manual that explains how to assign a physical key to a logical
keycode...

So, questions,

1) do I use XKB instead of xmodmap, which I can find
a lot more documentation on, and even a graphical interface?
xmodmap is supposed to be the "old" thing, but I rather like
old well-known things that work ;-)

2) if I use XKB, where do I find the documentation?

Thank you!
--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                           Lorens Kockum

You'll notice that this scanner build <BSOD> Whoa... <Applause>
Moving Right Along. (Presentation of MS-Windows 98 (Comdex, CNN))