Xlock with shadow passwords

	Hey guys, I recently lot a LOT of suid bit that slaughtered a lot of
system functionality.  I reinstalled xlock via package.. or at least i thought
i did.  It has perms 2755 xlock chowned to root.shadow.  Problem is... for some
odd reason the group shadow although it has suid (s)... cannot execute for
non-root users.

"    (chmod 2755 xlock may be better if shadow has group read for root group)"

How can I make the shadow group have read for root group?
Thanks in advance.

Carroll Kong