Re: X11 setup

> Xlib5 setup in deselect
>
> "ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (no such file or
> directory), skipping
>  ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (no such file or
> directory), skipping"

it did that when i installed a second time debian 1.3.1 (and basically
every time i installed it),i dont give it much tought (i dont think it's
an important error).

> xserver-vga (3.3-3) in deselect
>
> "current default X server /bin/false found"
>
> (how is this possible after I reformat the hard disk?)

because it found no default server,it give /bin/false,i dont give it much
tough either (the system is still useable and X run without any problem).

> "XFree86 file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc is missing"

this one is an error i care about (it's because i haven't seen it in my
last install and this file is needed for the good working of X).

> Also when it asks to create a new config file for X (select y or n) and I
> ask it to create a new one, it gives the errors shown above in "xlib6
> setup" until I select n. All the other packages install ok, why does X seem
> to be missing files and find some "/bin/false/ found" which shouldn't be
> there?  Thanks for any help you can give.

one thing i'd like to know is did you install everything you wanted at
once or just installed the base system,if you installed the whole
shoebang,i dont recommend it,the way i did proceed to install my
distribution is to install only what's selected in the dselect menu for a
base install,nothing more,after,i did update my installation by indicating
dselect to include the package file from bo-unstable and only after that i
did a next round installing the rest of the stuff i needed,now this system
work fine.