Re: starting X at boot

> Actually, I've had this happen before to me too. I don't remember what the
> exact circumstances were, so I didn't submit a bug report. Can you
> describe the exact procedure that led to this situation?

i don't know,it's just that i looked in the boot sequence (to be exact,in
the /etc/init.d/ section),and found 2 files (xdm and xdm.dpkg-dist),i did
a cat on these files (hoping they where text like files) and found that
there where nothing in xdm and there where text in the second one,in the
upper part of the xdm.dpkg-dist file,i found this inscription (
#/etc/init.d/xdm: start or stop XDM.),so far,except curiosity,there where
no way i could know that the source of my problem was these files.

hope it help.

Alain