IBM PCMCIA Ethernet Adapter & COMPAQ Contura

Hi!

I've got Debian running (installed from diskettes)
on Compaq Contura 400c
and I want to get the network working with
IBM home & away PCMCIA Ethernet CreditCard adapter.
I've installed packages:
pcmcia_cs
pcmcia_modules
but if I put the card into any of the slots
the system immediately reboots.
If the the card is in the slots during the system
boot the system two or three times reboots when PCMCIA
cardmgr tries to initialize sockets
and in the last try it hangs up with the message:

cs: memory probe 0x0c0000-0x0fffff:

The card is tested on another machine (Ascentia 950N
with RedHat 5.0) and there everything works great.
Also the card is tested on the Compaq with
IBM tests and everything is OK.

I've spend over ten hours on trying to get it working.
Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Jacek

P.S. Please replay also directly to me.