Re: starting X at boot

> # xbase and xserver configuration scripts.
> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X
>
> ---cut---
>
> Look at the last line, I bet it is missing on your system. It tells xdm
> which xserver to run on what display. If there is no such line, xdm will
> still be running, you'll just not notice anything you would expect (like
> seeing the xserver you expect it to start.)
>
> Cheers,

the line is there and my /etc/X11/config file is writen as this:

# This file contains configuration flags for the X Window System.
# For a description of the meanings of the flags, see
# /usr/doc/X11/debian.README

run-xconsole
obey-nologin
allow-user-resources
allow-user-modmap
allow-user-xsession
allow-failsafe
start-xdm
xdm-start-server

i think there other thing to play as well but dont know what.

Alain