staroffice

to respond to a couple at once:

1) I use it sporadicly.  When I need to open an ms file, or print one (iffy at
times, especially on complicated forms), and when I need a spreadsheet (named
arrays get screwed up on reopening the file or creating another name[actually
the formulas, not the named region]).

2) There are instructions for a multiuser install out there.  Check out the
newsgroups on the server starnews.stardiv.com, or maybe someone around here
knows.  I didn't bother, since noone else needs it here.

3)  I never succeeded in getting 3.1 working on my hamm machine.  But 4.0 was
no problem.

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.