xconsole question

This may be a silly Question but I figure it can't hurt to ask....
anyway...
When I went to WPI last year they had allot of systems running DEC UNIX
I could go and sit down at a really cool DEC Xterminal and login...
when I did I got a small window called xconsole.
whenever I ran any program it would show up in xconsole with
the pid and all...just like it does when you run somethin in the
background
st s dshell prompt...
it was just sent to this xconsole instead of the xterminal
I thought that was cool...a nice log of the session..every pid with a
start and stop
in one little windwo
I noticed xconsole exists for linux...
I have tried various times to run it with no effect
it just sits there...nothing show sup on it
how do I configure this useless littl efeatre?
-Steve

--
-=Signature has been removed because it made an unfair comparison
between NT 4 and Linux =-