inews, the control group, and the rn family

Being foolhardy, I'm going to try this again . . .

I cannot figure out how to get inews to let me post through my nntpserver.
I have no problem reading articles, but posting yields a "no valid newsgroups"
error from inews.  It seems to be a problem in the control newsgroup, but i
haven't been  able to find any instructions in the faqs or howtos.

What I am *not* trying to do is be a newshost at all; the university has a
not-to-horrible server.

Also, i've found that i can post from netscape on my box through this server,
but i'd really like to switch over to strn; at the moment, i have to telnet to
one of the university machines to run trn.

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.