Re: PINE Debian Package

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Adam Klein wrote:

> As I understand it, the license forbids distribution of a modified
> source or binary, but allows the distribution of patch files.

Did anyone ask UoW what their position is?  I've not heard of them
prosecuting, and I'm sure there must be someone there who's aware of
the debian package.

How about a pine-src package with the patch included, which patches the
original sources in the postinst script, builds the binary package and
then installs it?

I'd like to see some pragmatism on this issue.

-thomas