Re: chmod not working

>> i was messing with some permission to directory but i think i found a bug
>> in chmod,i try to run "chmod 751" on my home directory (i put the content
>> of the home directory on another partition because of lack of space on my
>> root partition),but the permission is still drwxr-x--x,i even tried to run
>> "chmod u=rwx,g=rx,o=x" on it to no avail,does all this qualify as a bug
>> ???

I think you have misunderstood some of what has been said in the replies, doing
a chmod u=rwx,g=rx,o=x or chmod 751 on a directody will give it the permissions
of drwxr-x--x as you say it has, so to me it looks like chmod had done what you
asked.

It may help us if you told us what you had the permissions set to before you
tried to change them, and what you expect the result of the chmod command to
be.

Regards

Graham