Re: chmod not working

> I think that you must think that 'drwxr-x--x' means something
> different than it does.  Seeing this permission in ls means that the
> user (owner) of the directory has read, write, and execute privileges,
> that people in the same group as the owner have read and execute
> privileges, and that anyone else has only execute privilege.  Did you
> perhaps mistype the above and leave out the word "not" somewhere?

oooooooooppppssssssss,you're all right,while typing this message,i noticed
my error,never mind this tread (and i got my lesson,i'll mess with thing
like this only when i got a good night),it's been about 18-2X hours that
i'm doing without sleeping (and i seriously think this affect my
judgement).

very sorry.
Alain
p.s.i was expecting that the permission look like this: drwx-rx--x i know
it can't now.