finger daemons

Are there any finger daemons available that do not require home
directories world readable+executable?  I want to beable to have a .pgpkey
file in my home directory without being world readable+executable -- it
doesn't even have to be suid root, all my home directories are group
readable+executable by the www-data group... so the finger daemon could
run as guid www-data.

I guess for this to be secure, the program would need to copy the file to
memory(?), give up its permissions, and then display the file...

-Paul